IT operations are a crucial aspect of most organizational operations. One of the main concerns is business continuity; companies rely on its information systems to run its mission critical operations. If a system becomes unavailable, business operations may be impaired or stopped completely.
It is necessary to provide a reliable infrastructure for IT operations, in order to minimize any chance of disruption. Information security is also a concern, and for this reason a data center has to offer a secure environment which minimizes the chances of a security breach. A data center must therefore keep high standards for assuring the integrity and functionality of its hosted computer environment.
CommVerge’s Data Center design accommodates future requirement changes based on inevitability of high performance, higher processor performance and circuit board density, impact of virtualization and redundancy, green directions and connectivity. CommVerge Solutions covers all Data Center implementation stages from design and engineering, acquisition, construction and final handover to the customer
Server virtualization offers numerous benefits to data centers everywhere in terms of power and cooling savings, space utilization, reduced application, backup and operating software licensing costs, and decreased man-hour costs. These benefits are achieved by increasing virtual machine density through a balance of CPU power and cost-effective memory footprints and when virtual these environments can be managed more efficiently, more securely, and with better QoS.
CommVerge Solutions experience and expertise in building data centers and deep knowledge in virtualization technologies help service providers shift to the next-generation data center platform that unites compute, network, storage access, and virtualization products into a cohesive system for lower Total Cost of Ownership and business agility.
Types of Virtualization:
- Operating System Virtualization.
- Server Virtualization.
- Application Virtualization.
- Storage Virtualization.
- Network Virtualization.
- Yields higher utilization rate for both servers and storage.
- Able to consolidate resources – not just servers and storages but also for the applications, data & databases, systems, interfaces, desktop, and even business processes.
- Reduce footprint in data centers and thus save costs.
- Better efficiency of energy usage.
- Reduction of expensive administrator costs.
Typically storage is deployed as a “one size fits all” solution, regardless of the kinds of applications the network is running. Such an approach has required multiple servers to address multiple needs, resulting in significantly higher costs and a much greater degree of management complexity. At the same time data is growing dramatically and Service Providers need to manage much larger infrastructures with little or no additional head count. Implementing a multi-tiered common storage infrastructure can dramatically decrease the cost of storage requirements and provide operational efficiencies.
CommVerge Solutions in partnership with leading storage vendors can help Service Providers address their storage requirements with the right mix and match of storage technologies to build simple storage infrastructures to a more complex multi-tiered common storage infrastructures.
Features & Benefits:
- Allows Service Providers to have a single platform for all storage data which is easier to maintain and will incur huge savings on upgrading or purchasing new equipment.
- Reduced cost of capital, lower cost of servicing, logistics and server consolidation.
- Allows full optimization of service providers storage capacity.
- Dramatically reduced backup and restore times.
- Improves the quality of service by shortneing the resolution time by at least 50% which improves customer services.