Server virtualization offers numerous benefits to data centers everywhere in terms of power and cooling savings, space utilization, reduced application, backup and operating software licensing costs, and decreased man-hour costs. These benefits are achieved by increasing virtual machine density through a balance of CPU power and cost-effective memory footprints and when virtual these environments can be managed more efficiently, more securely, and with better QoS.
CommVerge Solutions experience and expertise in building data centers and deep knowledge in virtualization technologies help service providers shift to the next-generation data center platform that unites compute, network, storage access, and virtualization products into a cohesive system for lower Total Cost of Ownership and business agility.
Types of Virtualization:
- Operating System Virtualization.
- Server Virtualization.
- Application Virtualization.
- Storage Virtualization.
- Network Virtualization.
- Yields higher utilization rate for both servers and storage.
- Able to consolidate resources – not just servers and storages but also for the applications, data & databases, systems, interfaces, desktop, and even business processes.
- Reduce footprint in data centers and thus save costs.
- Better efficiency of energy usage.
- Reduction of expensive administrator costs.